CILT welcomes our new Associate Director, Educational Quality

I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all readers of Learning & Teaching @ Flinders. My name is Lorraine Karunaratne, and I have recently joined Flinders as the Associate Director, Educational Quality in the Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching.

During my past seven years within the South Australian university sector, I have had the opportunity to work closely with the legislative and regulatory frameworks that support and govern higher education. With a focus on the Australian Qualifications Framework and the Higher Education Standards, I have supported the development and implementation of models for best-practice academic course structures and articulation, as well as frameworks for managing internal and professional course review and accreditation. I hold undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in education, and I am passionate about high-quality curriculum, excellent assessment methods, and the genuine engagement of students with their learning.

I have been heavily involved in the development and review of university policies to support a broad range of academic, administrative and wellbeing considerations across the student lifecycle. This work has allowed me a particular focus on the support and continuous improvement of policies, processes and systems for course and topic development, amendment and review.

I am excited to join the Flinders team (on such a beautiful campus!) in a role where I can give my full attention to the quality improvement of educational offerings, and the positive impact this will have on the experience of our students. I look forward to working with you in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me on 13828 or at lorraine.karunaratne@flinders.edu.au

Lorraine Karunaratne

Associate Director, Educational Quality

CILT

CILT