A Little Introduction

20150726_133024

Dear (future) exchange students,

My name is Casper Wijckmans. I am 21 years old and I come from a town called Maastricht in the south of the Netherlands, near Belgium. In Maastricht I study Psychology at Maastricht University. In the 5th semester of our bachelor we have the chance to do our electives abroad, so I decided to go to Adelaide. I take 3 courses at Flinders: Applied Cognitive Psychology, Applications to Clinical and Health Psychology, and Gender and Sexuality. Next to this, I’m also doing a research project about which I’m going to write my bachelor thesis.

I have now been in Adelaide for almost 3 weeks and I just had my first week of classes. Flinders University is very welcoming to new exchange students, both before and after arrival. The team of the International Office and the ISS are always happy to help me out with any questions that I have and they organized a bunch of tours so we could get to know the city and the other exchange students better. In the coming months I will keep you updated on my adventures here in Australia, so you will have an idea of what it is like to study here.

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101