Mid semester break!

Friend and I at Millaa Millaa waterfalls in the Atherton Tablelands!

I have just recently returned from the mid semester break travels, and it was a blast! I travelled up to Cairns and went snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, kayaked around Fitzroy Island, and hiked through the oldest rainforest in the world. After that, I flew to Brisbane where some friends and I rented a car and drove from there to Sydney over the course of the week. We stopped at Byron Bay, Coffs Harbor, Gold Coast, Port Macquarie and Port Stevens. It was very warm and we spent almost every day on a beach somewhere! We took surfing lessons, and I was surprisingly good. I stood up on the board within the first few tries, and even made it to the shore a couple times. We went to a koala sanctuary and held a koala, which was super cool! The koala was soft, but the nails were hard. The weather is starting to warm up here in Adelaide and I think it might be time to spend some time at Brighton or Glenelg beach! Only if I finish my studies first of course. It’s the middle of the semester so a lot of assignments are starting to be due!

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101