Kaleb Wilden, Physiotherapist. Class of 2021

Kaleb Wilden with Awards

Current role and responsibility

I currently work across 3 workplaces. I am an outpatient neurological, orthopaedic, musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapist at Strathalbyn Physiotherapy & Physio Alive Aldinga & McLaren Vale. At Strathalbyn Physiotherapy I am responsible for running the most comprehensive and largest centre-based neurotherapy service in the Adelaide Hills and Fleurieu region.

I am also the director of my own business ‘Wilden Exercise Services’ which was founded in 2018 and based in Macclesfield in the Adelaide Hills. I manage a team of allied health professionals that provide clinic based and home visit services.

What do you like most about what you do?

I love being able to use the skills and knowledge I have been blessed with to help others rehabilitate from their injuries. I enjoy being able to build rapport and seeing patients achieve their goals.

What is the achievement you are most proud of?

I am most proud of winning the 2021 7 News SA Young Achiever People’s Choice Award for my contribution to rural health. I also was a finalist in the 2021 7 News SA Young Achiever Rural Health Award and in the 7 News SA Young Achiever Worldwide Small Business Award.

What Flinders experience has had a lasting impact on you?

The passion the staff have in their respective fields has had a huge impact on how I want to conduct myself throughout my career as a physiotherapist. Their passion and enthusiasm to help students grow their knowledge and become the best professional they can is extraordinary. Moreover, I have seen first hand from working with some of the  Flinders staff across professional placements this passion overflow to the patients they treat.

What advice do you have for your younger self?

To have fun along the way. Enjoy learning and continue to develop your skills and knowledge. We are always learning and forever will be. Your knowledge and passion to help others is invaluable.

Celebrating 10 years of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy at Flinders – more graduate stories 

College of Nursing and Health Sciences Physiotherapy