Given the growing popularity of the Multimedia Recording Studio (MRS) at Sturt, and how easy most of you have found it to use, we’ve been taking steps to increase the flexibility of this space for you. The following information outlines the updates we’ve made.
- Access to the studio: Access to the room has been simplified. You’re now able to have access added to your staff ID card. This will be a once-off process that will enable you to go directly to the room when you have a booking. Use the General services > Access form in Service One to request this.
- Booking the studio: If you’re comfortable using the room, you can book the studio using your Outlook calendar. All bookings are now automatically accepted, provided there are no clashes, and an email confirmation is sent. If your request does clash with an existing booking, you will be notified by email and you will need to submit a new request. Remember to invite the room to your meeting, not just added in as the location, to ensure your booking is made properly.
- How to use the studio: If you’ve never used the recording studio before, or it’s been a while since you last used it, we want you to feel supported to get the most out of the studio. You’re now able to request a ‘familiarisation’ session via Service One (Education resources > Multimedia Recording Studio) where a member of the eLearning support team will show you around and explain how to get started. There’s nothing complicated to remember as everything’s controlled from a touch screen panel on the wall. This session will only take 15 minutes.
- Preparation before you arrive to use the studio: There are a few things we recommend doing before you arrive at the studio to ensure you’re fully prepared. Each item is clearly outlined in the eLearning Gateway to ensure nothing is missed. We recommend reviewing this in plenty of time to ensure you don’t encounter problems on the day and need to reschedule your session. This covers access to the room, setting up your slides, planning your message, dressing for success and what to bring with you on the day.
- Other tips and advice: We’ve updated the support materials in the eLearning Gateway, including tips to help you before, during and after your recording session. With ideas to engage your audience, tips to help your recording session run smoothly, and instructions on editing and uploading your video to FLO, you’ll have everything covered.
We hope these changes streamline things for you and if you do have questions not covered here please contact your local eLearning support team.
Learning Designer – CILT