The newly developed Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Policy and associated procedures are now live in the Flinders Policy Library. The WIL Policy provides the new framework and principles for WIL at Flinders and is a vital read for anyone involved in the development, management and delivery of WIL topics.
It is intended to ensure that students are provided with an effective and constructive learning experience integral to a course of study by:
- embedding WIL into course curricula
- ensuring each WIL experience meets the needs of students, host organisations and the University, and
- ensuring compliance with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015, other relevant legislation and external professional accreditation requirements in respect of WIL.
The Policy was developed by a Working Group with representation from each of the six Colleges. A plan, covering communication, training and resource development, has been developed to support the implementation of the new policy and procedures. The implementation plan will be rolled out progressively, primarily in the first half of this year and led by the Manager, Work Integrated Learning and supported by the WIL operational support teams.
The planned implementation activities include:
- College information sessions on roles and responsibilities
- Student communications
- Website and Flinders Learning Online updates
- Training for WIL academic and operational support staff in the placement management system
- Creation of guidelines and identification of common processes
- Development of templates to support business processes.
If you would like further information regarding the WIL Policy and its planned implementation, please contact Nina Tabor, WIL Manager.