With teaching moving online rapidly in Semester 1 and noting the changes required to support this, you may have already started thinking about preparing your Semester 2 topics. These are now appearing in FLO with eLearning teams having rolled over the topic from the last time it was offered.
Now that your topic has been rolled over and you have access to it, what’s next?
Now is an opportunity for topic coordinators to prepare FLO sites for teaching. In the current climate this may include converting teaching to an online format in preparation for the possibility that we may need to start the semester online. You may want to look at:
- Scheduling Collaborate sessions for live teaching sessions (eg tutorials).
- Creating opportunities for students to connect with each other and with teaching staff, for building engagement, orienting to assessments, practicing with the technology and asking questions.
- Consider how you will be providing lecture content (lecture capture in theatres, Kaltura desktop recorder, Camtasia) and then make sure you clearly communicate this to students.
- Consider sourcing or creating digital content – the Library can assist with sourcing digital content and your College Learning Designers are available to assist with advice on the creation of digital resources.
- Plan your assessment, considering whether this needs to be online, and then setup relevant tools in FLO, including ensuring due dates are appropriate for the teaching period.
Here are the key dates to be aware of:
- 11 May: Staff access to Semester 2 FLO topics
- 10 July: Last day to set up Semester 2 shared topics
- 20 July: Students get access to Semester 2 FLO topics
- 27 July: Semester 2 teaching starts
Additional support resources are also available:
- FLO Staff Support site
- Online teaching – tips, support and workshops
- Staff FLO support – Service One or call: +61 8 8201 5000 (15000)
Written by David Bain
eLearning Project Manager (Online Learning and Teaching team) – CILT