Since mid-September we’ve heard from 60 staff based in remote and regional areas, and around 80 here at Bedford Park. We’ve been asking about what People & Culture services could look like in the future, for different groups of staff at Flinders.
In all the workshops, we asked participants to help us define a service vision by suggesting what a staff member would say, think, do and feel if People and Culture transformed its services.
Here are a few snippets of what they wanted to hear staff saying in the future:
- “[The] right people are initiating and approving the business processes”
- “I know that all of the relevant [recruitment and appointment] processes are happening, and I can check (easily) where the process is up to”
- “I receive alerts when I need to do something for a HR task”
- “I love having visibility of organisational charts – contributes to transparency”
We hope to make all these statements a reality!
We also asked staff how they thought we could ensure a smooth rollout and support for them during, and after, process and system changes. Suggestions include:
- consistent, regular communication about what’s happening and how it affects staff
- just-in-time learning, including videos, and access to ongoing support from real people
- involvement in testing, so staff can have input before Workday goes live and become familiar with how it works
- support from a local person who can act as a go-to expert user
- clarity on position responsibilities for HR tasks and business processes
The MyWorklife program team and board are reviewing the findings, and our stream leads are incorporating your feedback into planning so that we provide the best possible support for staff during the change. With your input, we have a clearer picture of the support you need, both from People & Culture services and the MyWorklife program, during the change.
In the coming months, we’ll have opportunities for staff to be directly involved in testing and help us ensure the solutions match Flinders’ needs. We will also be looking to form a network of Workday subject matter experts (SMEs). Our Workday SMEs will have additional training so they can act as a local expert user and support their colleagues in using Workday.
Thank you again to everyone who took time out to share insights and experiences that will shape the way forward for the MyWorklife program and the future of People & Culture services at Flinders University.