Flinders University will upgrade the HR System and the Employee Self Service (ESS) between Thursday 21 July and Sunday 24 July 2016.
Why is Flinders upgrading?
Flinders chose to upgrade in order to realise several benefits, including new and improved functionality:
- Ability to attach medical certificates – Users have the ability to attach a medical certificate when they book leave via the ESS
- Improved ESS Leave Booking screen – Whole and Part day leave booking screens have been combined into one leave booking screen
- Ability to attach documents to ESS Occupancy Change requests – contract extensions
- Improved functionality for the Payroll team
Services unavailable during the upgrade period?
While the system is undergoing the upgrade between 21 July and 24 July 2016 the following services will be unavailable:
- Employee Self Service – used for booking leave, submitting Casual Professional timesheets, Occupancy Change requests, etc
- HR System (PUI)
- Discoverer Reports
- Jobs@Flinders – website used to apply for jobs online
- FlindersPro – Services include
- Engaging & Paying Casual Academics
- Engaging Casual Professionals
- Staff International Travel
- Employment Variations
- Additional Hours for Part-time staff
Please be sure to submit any urgent requests prior to the upgrade period, while allowing sufficient time for required approvals.