The following road closures will be in place from Friday 24 November 8.00pm – Monday 27 November 6.00am:
- Main South Road – between Flinders Drive and Flagstaff Road
- The Southern Expressway – between the Marion off-ramp and the intersection of Main South Road
Main South Road traffic will be detoured via Sturt Road and Marion Road.
The Southern Expressway will be operational and traffic will enter and exit at the Marion Road ramps.
This weekend closure will enable a new bridge to be installed on Main South Road over the Southern Expressway as part of the Darlington Upgrade Project.
- Flinders Drive bus stops will be open. Northbound buses will be detoured via Marion Road and Sturt Road – please allow extra time.
- Bus stops 27 and 29 southbound will be open.
- Bus stop 29 northbound will be temporarily closed and detoured via Marion Road and Sturt Road. Please use bus stop 30 on Main South Road or Flagstaff Road.
- Visit the Adelaide Metro website for all information regarding bus stops and timetables.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access will be available along the eastern side of Main South Road within the closed section.
- Security staff will be in place throughout the closure to assist pedestrians.
- The Sturt River pedestrian underpass will be closed.
- Cyclists will be detoured in line with the vehicle detours.
Access for emergency services, local residents and businesses will be maintained at all times throughout the weekend. Visit the Darlington Upgrade Project website for full details.
The bridge has already been assembled near Hungry Jacks and will be transported into place over the weekend.
The bridge weighs up to 3,000 tonnes and will travel at about 100 metres per hour, starting late Friday night, with installation occurring by early Monday morning.
An animation showing the bridge construction and installation process can be viewed on the Darlington Upgrade Project website.
A second bridge will be moved into place in 2018, with further information about this available next year.
This information is subject to change.
For the latest information, see the Darlington Upgrade Project website or contact the Darlington Upgrade Project office on 1300 759 334 or via email@example.com.
Staff can also download the app for real-time delay information at addinsight.com.au or follow twitter.com/DPTI_SA and like facebook.com/DPTISA.