An agreement between the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Universities Australia allows researchers from Flinders to apply for access to various confidentialised datasets. Over the last few months, several new datasets have been released.
Major developments in the recent releases include:
Australian Census Longitudinal Dataset (ACLD)
This dataset uses the Census of Population and Housing to build a longitudinal picture that gives an overview of social and economic change over time. Three waves of data have so far contributed to the ACLD from the 2006 Census (Wave 1), 2011 Census (Wave 2) and 2016 Census (Wave 3).
Multi-Agency Data Integration Project (MADIP)
This project is a partnership between six Australian Government agencies to combine longitudinal information on healthcare, education, government payments and personal income tax with population demographics for a comprehensive social picture of Australia.
Other microdata products now available
• Education and Work, May 2018
• Personal Safety, Australia, 2016
• Census of Motor Vehicles, Australia, 2018
• Census of Population and Housing: Estimating Homelessness, 2016
• Characteristics of Employment, Australia, August 2018
• Business Characteristics, Australia, 2011-12 to 2015-16
• Jobs in Australia, 2011-12 to 2015-16