Flinders University students who are reserves for the Australian Defence Force can apply for additional study support, as part of the University’s commitment to supporting these students and their contributions to the community.
Upon successful application, students may be eligible for advice, guidance and advocacy on academic planning – including enrolment and needs assessment in relation to their service; and support negotiating flexibility to meet academic requirements as a result of Defence Reserves activities such as:
- study load and timetables
- leave of absence to meet commitments
- assessment deadlines
- sitting exams
- cross-institutional study options interstate or credit transfer arrangements.
To receive support, students must be:
- currently enrolled as a Flinders University student
- a member of the Australian Defence Force Reserves
- able to provide evidence of their requirement for Australian Defence Force training and/or events
Students seeking more information regarding the application process, important dates, defence support guidelines and the application form can view the University’s Defence Reserves Support webpage. Any questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff in the Defence Reserves are also entitled to support to help them fulfil their contributions to the Australian Defence Force and our community. Details on leave available can be found on the staff portal, in the Defence Force Leave Policy.