With the demand for virtual events, the Australian Library and Information Association has produced a resource to help libraries plan their online author events and authors are encouraged to sign up.
Registration is free and simply involves emailing a headshot and basic information to the association’s Andrew Finnegan, including:
- Website / social media channels
- Genre / Subject areas
- Talking points
- Content types (e.g. Author talks, workshops, storytimes, etc.)
- Format / platform (e.g. Pre-recorded, live, webinars, zoom, skype, FB video, etc.)
- Link to any specific promotional material regarding online appearances.
- Contact email – this can be either direct to you, or via your agent or publisher, depending on what works better for you.
Interested people can see how other authors have completed this information and what their submission will look like at this link https://www.alia.org.au/online-author-events.
This initiative was brought to the University’s attention by its publishing partner Wakefield Press, who highly recommend this service for authors interested in contributing to online events as a great way to engage new and existing audiences during COVID-19.