Several works are scheduled at main campus this week involving electrical outages, alternative access to the Sports Centre, and a lift replacement in the IST building.
Library electrical works
Essential updates will take place in the Library from Wednesday 13 May to Saturday 16 May, from 7:00am to 5:00pm necessitating power outages in several buildings at Bedford Park.
The outages are scheduled to take place as below:
- L1 (North Building) Wednesday 13 to Friday 15 May, 7:00am to 5:00pm
- L2 and L3 (North Building) Wednesday 13 to Thursday 14 May, 7:00am to 5:00pm
- L0 (Shop South Building) Wednesday 13 May, one-hour shutdown
- L1 (South Building) Wed 13 May, two-hour shutdown early morning
- L0 (North and South Buildings) Saturday 16 May, all day shutdown
The stairs from car park 1 to the Sports Centre are currently being repaired. Alternative access is available through the Sports Centre, or use the ramp to the Hub instead. These works are anticipated to be complete by 18 May 2020.
IST building lift renewal
The lift in the IST building is currently being replaced as part of the University’s asset renewal program. Access is available through the level 2 Earth Sciences/Engineering building links to lifts. Level 3 is only accessible using the existing stairs during these works, scheduled for completion by late July.