Several repair and maintenance projects are scheduled to take place in the Plaza, Matthew Flinders Theatre and the Hub at Bedford Park.
Plaza turf works – Saturday 12 September
On Saturday 12 September contractors will be replacing turf on the steps at the northern end of the Plaza between 6am and 4pm. There will be minimal disruption associated with this work, with a brief period of noise (approximately 30 minutes) while some compacting is undertaken.
Roofing works to the Matthew Flinders Theatre
Works are commencing to re-roof the Matthew Flinders Theatre in the coming weeks. This is part of the University’s capital infrastructure renewal program to replace ageing infrastructure and help prevent future roof leaks.
Advanced works will take place from 17 September to 9 October 2020 however scaffold works may commence from the weekend of Saturday 12 September. Works will include:
- Scaffolding works both internal and external to the building
- Relocation of pipes fixed on the existing roof to enable the works to go ahead
The re-roofing is scheduled for 1 December 2020, with works continuing until February 2021.
Where possible construction will be limited to out of hours or weekends, however there will be some noise associated with this project. Thanks for your understanding as we conduct these essential renewal works.
Some repair work on the vinyl floor in the Hub will be in progress this weekend on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 September from 8am to 2pm on both days. This will affect the following areas:
- The central seating aisle of the student kitchen (the kitchen, outer aisles, vending machine and access to the parenting room will all remain open)
- Within the Urban Paddock area
- The parenting room (minor repair works)
- Other areas in the Hub (not anticipated to cause disruption)
The student kitchen works will create some noise for short periods on Saturday. Low odour, water based products will be used for the repairs.