Consilium Technology, a company committed to unlocking hidden value within data through the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI), has announced a new partnership with Flinders University to sponsor a prize focused on AI and machine learning.
To encourage university students in making important AI discoveries, the AI Prize winner will be able to undertake a paid 10-week internship at Consilium Technology and be mentored by an in-house machine learning specialist while working on an applied AI project within the agriculture, defence, energy, manufacturing or mining sectors.
This opportunity is open to Flinders University students completing an Undergraduate Honours and/or Masters Thesis in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology. The projects must involve AI and/or machine learning to be considered for the AI Prize. Eligible projects include predictive modelling and applications of machine learning research. Some examples include:
- Accelerating minerals exploration through AI
- Applying AI to combine technology and art
- Detecting and recognising objects with collaborative robots
- Developing novel data augmentation approaches, or an in-depth evaluation of current methods
- Discovering new information about the brain with AI
- Generating AI algorithms to assess sleep health
- Exploring simulated data in the training of machine learning models
- Innovating with satellite imagery and AI
- Optimising battery management and power distribution in a solar vehicle with AI
- Using AI to predict retinal disease progression
To register interest in the AI Prize, relevant information about the student project must be shared here by close of business Friday 30 April 2021.
The prize will be awarded to the student who can demonstrate the most innovative use of AI or machine learning. The student will be assessed based on the progress seminar presentation in September and the poster presentation in November.
The winner will be announced during the Student Innovation Expo in November 2021.
To learn more about the Consilium Technology AI Prize, or confirm project suitability, email Thomas Beltrame – email@example.com