Posted by Flinders NT on behalf of Doctors’ Health NT Program
We are working in challenging times and in many ways unchartered territory, things seem to be changing by the hour which adds pressure to an already pressured health system.
The team at Doctors’ Health NT are here for the NT medical community. We understand that respective medical Colleges and other key organisations such as AMA are sharing support information too, and we have the following services immediately available:
– Doctors Self-care in a world of COVID-19 – as things do get more hectic it still remains important to try and do a little self-care. Our Medical Director, Dr Roger Sexton has written the five principles of self-care. Along with this we have added NT information about COVID-19 and this will continue to be updated with appropriate information. Copy of handout to share with colleagues.
– Doctors only – 24/7 urgent support phone line operated by long time experienced GPs located in South Australia, who work also with the Doctors’ Health SA program. Medical students and concerned colleagues can also call this phone line. You can remain anonymous when calling, no need to disclose name or where you work.
– Dedicated Doctors for Doctors team available via telemedicine – (aside from the COVID-19 telehealth criteria) Doctors’ Health NT operates a telemedicine GP service normally anyway.
– Outreach service plans in the pipeline – we are also scoping a GP service dedicated to seeing NT doctors to provide a comprehensive health check-up in addition to the doctors for doctors in the NT – more to come about this service and it will be something launched post-COVID.
– Psychologist service – we are working on this via a telepsychology option through the Doctors’ Health NT program, and once we have that bedded down more will advise you of this.
Thank you – if you were one of the doctors who completed our Doctors’ Health Survey last year. We have been using the results of this survey in planning of supports and services for the program – however some of our plans are now on hold as you would expect, but keen to do more post-COVID.
The Doctors’ Health NT program is a not-for-profit service for all registered medical practitioners and medical students. All services are for free and all medical records are held in strict confidence by the program. It is purely Grant funded at arms-length, with funds from the Medical Board of Australia and the NT PHN – however no information is provided in reports other than aggregated statistics and it does not state any specific towns other than person contacting program is either regional or remote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions in relation to the information above. Further information is available on our website. You are welcome to forward this information onto colleagues.