Thaar Alharbi – Nanotechnology Matters

My name is Thaar Muqhin D. Alharbi, I am enthralled in Nanotechnology.

When I was searching for a university to do my PhD, I discovered the Flinders University website. I was really amazed by most innovative research at Flinders Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology. I am particularly interested in the research using Vortex Fluidic Device, it is clean and sustainable technology.

So I decided to come from Saudi Arabia and work under the direction of Professor Colin Raston, who conceived and co-invented  the Vortex Fluidic Device.

I have also had the opportunity to do a part of my research at National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) IN Japan.

During my PhD, I have published 13 research articles with four patents. Also, I have received one of Flinders University’s Higher Degree by Research Best Student Publication Awards for 2018, Issued by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research).

I am grateful for completing my masters and PhD in the field of Nanotechnology and at the Flinders Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology.

I continue to work on fabricating and processing new carbon-based materials using VFD.

Then it’s onwards to use those new materials in a wide range of applications.

Using fabricated materials in hydrogen generation, a renewable, to offer clean energy and water purification. My aim in helping to make our planet cleaner and safer.

HDR HDR students in focus