Here if you need…


Flinders University is committed to ensuring students have access to a fair and impartial process for resolving complaints.

If you have an issue, the first step is to try to resolve it directly with the person concerned, by phone, email or in person. For guidance on who to contact, check out the Informal Resolution page.

Keep in mind that if informal resolution is not possible, you can lodge a formal complaint. Additionally, if you’re unhappy with a formal decision, you have the option to request a review of that decision. Some examples of formal decisions which can be reviewed are outcomes of formal complaints or a topic or assessment grade.

Explore the Student Complaints and Appeals page. This resource provides valuable information on how to handle informal and formal complaints. It also provides examples of reviewable decisions and a step by step guide on how to submit a request for a review. It also includes links to the relevant lodgement forms.

Student Complaint and Appeals Process

If you need help with the complaints or review process, support is available from:

  • The Student Advocacy and Welfare Team (Student Assist) within FUSA offer free, independent and confidential advice. The Team encourages you to reach out early in the process, even at the informal stage. You can request an appointment here: FUSA – Academic Advocacy
  • The Student Policy and Integrity Services Team can help with clear direction on how to progress a complaint or review, via or on (08) 8201 5099
  • For issues about bullying, harassment, discrimination, sexual harassment or sexual assault, please refer to the Safety on Campus page:

Safety on Campus

or you can contact the Student Equal Opportunity Advisor by email at

Posted in

Leave a Reply