Get to know your College: Kendall Marriott

What is your role and what does your work focus on?

I am the ANZAHPE administration officer but am employed by Flinders. The Australian & New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE) is the peak organisation for practitioners involved in the education and training of health professionals in Australia and New Zealand. I assist the everyday operations of the organisation, from website updates, membership queries, marketing and events, to data entry and FoHPE journal editor coordination.

Where did you work before joining CMPH?

Previously I worked for the University of Adelaide in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences for 11 years. My most recent role for the last 5 years was as an events officer for the faculty.

What journey brought you to this point in your career?

Like many of my colleagues, a significant portion of the UoA workforce were made redundant earlier this year. In terms of location and culture, I have wanted to work for Flinders for a quite some time. As a creature of habit, this forced me to make a change and seek out opportunities here at Flinders. I haven’t regretted the decision at all. It is a beautiful campus to be based at and the people here are lovely.

What is something you love most about your work?

I am based in Prideaux Health Professions Education with some truly lovely colleagues. Relationship management is something I value quite highly, and I am enjoying forming new relationships within ANZAHPE and Flinders, both interstate and internationally.

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?

Sometimes unexpected things happen, but we make the most of them and it all works out in the end.

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?

I have 3 young children, so relaxation doesn’t occur very often. Most of my spare time is spent at kids sports and birthday party’s! But in the warmer months we do love to get out and enjoy regional South Australia.

Get to know CMPH