Get to know your College: Bonnie Allmond

What is your role and what does your work focus on? 

I work in the Advancement team as the Advancement Manager for Medicine & Public Health and Nursing & Health Sciences. My work primarily see me developing and stewarding relationships that open-up new philanthropic opportunities and monetary donations supporting research and education.

Where did you work before joining CMPH? 

My previous role was at Cancer Council SA looking after Major Gifts and Gifts in Wills. Prior to that I was at the Hospital Research Foundation facilitating donors’ philanthropic wishes across several different areas of medical research.

What journey brought you to this point in your career? 

In 2012 I established a non-for-profit entity raising awareness for victims of domestic violence. I did this in my spare time outside of my full-time employment. In 2013, I won the Pride of Australia- Young Leader medal for my efforts along with a Ministerial award. I guess you could say it was this endeavour where I found my feet in the philanthropic space.

What is something you love most about your work? 

I love connecting people to causes that are of interest to them. It is very rewarding when a donation comes full circle.

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be? 

Life must be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

If you had a super power what would it be?

I think I would trade in my super power to have access to a ServiceOne like app at home. It would save a lot of arguments. . or as my husband says “nagging”. I could put in a ServiceOne to mow the lawn or change a light globe. It could be a real gamechanger!

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?

My job involves a lot of talking, so believe it or not, I just love being home. Taking my dogs for a walk, or grabbing a coffee and heading across the road to the beach is my sort of relaxation.

Who is the most famous person you are related to?

Clyde 😝

Get to know CMPH