Short term mobility grant – Yogyakarta, Indonesia

My name is Josie and I am currently studying a Master of Nutrition and Dietetics at Flinders University. I am really fortunate to have received a short term mobility grant to travel to Yogyakarta to study at Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) for a month. This is the first time that I have traveled overseas so I am both excited and nervous however I know this is going to be an experience of a lifetime and an opportunity I could not turn down.

The other three students and myself will be seeing nutrition problems in Indonesia that we would not have gotten the opportunity to see in Australia. I am also really excited to work with other students and academics that work in the field of nutrition and dietetics to gain some insight into the system in another country.

I have looked up some of the tourist destinations and I am really hoping I will get to go to some of the temples as they look really beautiful. Also being a nutrition and dietetics student I am super excited to try the food!!

Josie Lawrence, a  Master of Nutrition and Dietetics, is participating in the Nutrition and Dietetics Research Project in Indonesia in 2016

• Check financial assistance to study overseas here