The Halfway Mark

Hello Hello!

The time has come for the near end of my first semester in Calgary. It has gone so quickly and I’m so happy that I was lucky enough to experience the things I have. These past four months have been filled with many snow trips, outdoor ice skating, rock climbing/bouldering, hiking, and just a tiny bit of study! The University of Calgary has offered me everything I would have hoped for prior to coming and more.

One of the best decisions I made this trip was to live on residence. It surrounds you in an enthusiastic bubble of friendly people and opportunities for activities you wouldn’t get anywhere off campus. It was also nice to get a taste of what on campus life is like considering back home most students live away.

In terms of study, Haskayne School of Business is quite well established and has provided me with engaging subject matter and workload I’ve needed to further the skills within my field. If any Flinders’ business students were looking to do an exchange, I would highly recommend travelling to Uof C to experience the things that I have.

If I had to sum up this what made this semester so great though it would have to be down to the many international connections I’ve made so far. Everybody is always excited and ready to explore no matter what and there is always a mate on hand to run amok with. This is only the halfway point for me though and I look forward to getting stuck into the new experiences to come and what semester break and next semester have to offer.

I will be back to check in soon enough, cheers!

Lochlan Price , a Bachelor of Psychological Science/Bachelor of Business  (Management) student , Semester 1 2016 exchange at University of Calgary, Canada

• Read Lochlan’s pre-departure post here 
Revelstoked
Revelstoked
Mt. Rundle
Mt. Rundle
The international family before BSD
The international family before BSD
Snowball fights with a few Austrians!
Snowball fights with a few Austrians!