Pre-departure: My semester in the Netherland

Expectations: This will be my third time travelling to Europe, however this time I’m flying solo – which I’ve never really done! My semester in the Netherlands won’t start until September so in the mean time I am expecting to travel and meet many amazing personalities from all over the globe and go with the flow as much as possible, which is not exactly my fortay when planning a trip!

Excited about: I’m excited to get settled in my uni accommodation and become familiar with the other students there and make my new home away from home as cosy as possible! I’ll be looking forward to Christmas, New Year  and my 21st in a foreign place hoping I have an Utrecht Family to celebrate all these occasions with 🙂

Why: So far in my life I have met some amazing people through travelling and exchange students in Australia and was always so jealous I never planned something like that myself. I am from Darwin so I already study away from home when at Flinders in Adelaide so this time instead of going back for my semester I’ll just be on the other side of the world! No worries!

Gemma Colman, a Bachelor of International Tourism student, Semester 2 2016 exchange at Utrecht University, the Netherlands

Outbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101