In the middle of my amazing Australia experience

I cannot believe it! Spring is here, the temperatures rise each day and I am getting in the summer mood full of motivation. After living over three months in Australia, Adelaide became my second home. I have discovered lots of Adelaide’s diverse surroundings.

My top three:
1. Flinders Ranges
2. Barrossa Valley
3. Morialta Falls

Now, only four weeks of university are left before the exam period starts and there are a lot of points on my bucket list left. The saying is true that „Time is flying“. Just now I came back from 18 days of real adventure during the mid semester break. With four other friends we rented a camper van and discovered Victoria and the Northern territory. After seeing the amazing 12 apostles at the Great Ocean Road, following the smallest penguins at Philip Island, dancing through the nights in Melbourne we drove about 1650 km. But we could not get enough. So we decided to continue our journey from Darwin down to Alice Springs and the well known Uluru.

I am still amazed by the variety and beauty of this huge continent. I saw a five meter crocodile jumping up two meters in front of me, I swam in a waterfall and chilled in the hot water springs of Mataranka. All together the mileage of the van displayed breath-taking 5000 km. And back in Adelaide new adventures are waiting for me!

Veronika Peinter, semester exchange at Flinders University from IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems, Austria, Semester 2 2016

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101