My Time in Vietnam

My trip to Vietnam was nothing short of incredible. Although it was only 3-weeks and went by in a flash, I had amazing experiences that will stay with me for the rest of my life. From visiting the Australian Embassy to swimming in a countryside waterfall, I learnt more about Vietnam and myself through these experiences than I ever would have sitting in a classroom.

The study tour was extremely well-organized and we received on-site support from Griffith University and CIS Australia program coordinators. This enabled us to make the most out of our trip without having to worry about things you typically would when travelling alone. Our accommodation was prearranged and a majority of the meals were paid for through the program costs.

Although there were some challenges, such as missing home and culture shock, I would do it all again if I could. I travelled with an amazing group of people and made some great friends and memories along the way. If you’re thinking of studying abroad as part of your degree, I would say go for it! It was one of the most insightful and exciting experiences I’ve ever had.

Abby Velasco, Bachelor of Health Sciences, Master of Occupational Therapy, participating in the IRU Vietnam Study Tour in 2016

• Read Abby’s first post here
Visit to a village in Hoa Binh province
Visit to a village in Hoa Binh province
The Temple of Literature (Temple of Confucius) in Hanoi
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
Visit to the Australian Embassy in Hanoi