Frontier Science, Science Policy, Technology and Innovation in Malaysia

In less than two weeks I will be travelling to Malaysia for a NCP funded short term project. This project involves working for a three week period on a project selected and tailored specifically to the applicant’s area of study (for me, physics).

The project is based at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur, which provides us with plenty of opportunities to get out and explore the city. Not including the project part of the trip, the organisers at the University of Malaya have also organised a bunch of other great activities for us including a few trips to the Academy of Sciences Malaysia as well as other experiences in and nearby Kuala Lumpur.

In addition to all the great activities planned for us, we have also been encouraged to travel outside of Kuala Lumpur to experience more of Malaysian culture on our own. At this time, I have planned additional travel within Malaysia to Penang and Malacca as well as a short stay in Singapore on my way home to Australia, which I am really looking forward to!

I think these short term projects are an excellent opportunity for students to make the most of the summer break to gain some experience as well as having a great time.

Jessica Penrose, Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Enhanced Program for High Achievers)

During S1 2019, Jessica is participating in NCP funded study abroad tour to Malaysia in partnership with University of Malaya (UM) titled ‘Frontier Science, Science Policy, Technology and Innovation in Malaysia’.

Outbound Student Blogs Short term program Uncategorised