I’m developing a new self-care guide – need your feedback!

One of the most popular resources we’ve created in recent years has been our Self-care Mega Guide.

It’s a comprehensive collection of self-care strategies and suggestions, with students in mind. The idea is that by the time you’ve read through it and tried implementing some of the ideas, you have a better personal blueprint for productivity and wellbeing.

I’ve started the process of redeveloping that guide for 2020. We’ll be keeping all the cool stuff that is in there, but refining it and adding new content.

I’m particularly interested in bumping up the content around how to study and learn better, as well as providing some specific psychological techniques for building resilience/mental toughness as well as coping with stressful situations. I’m also keen to cover the topic of how to best use community and online services to your advantage.

One thing that I’ve not done in the past with these guides is include student-generated content (with the exception of the guide we wrote with student Clara). I’d like to rectify that in the revised version.

That is where you, kind reader, come in.

If you have either of the following, I want to hear from you:

1. Strategies of your own that you use to be productive and happy. If you’ve developed your own methods for keeping on top of your work, whilst also having time to ‘smell the roses’ and enjoy life, I’d really like to hear those strategies.
  2. Productivity or wellbeing topics that you’d like to learn more about. If there are topics you’d like me to address in the upcoming version, please let me know.

We intend on making this guide available across the different campuses, as well as in digital form. It will be one of a core set of self-help resources that HCDS prepares for 2020.

To let me know what content you’d like to see in the guide, or share a wellbeing/productivity tip of your own, simply shoot me an email – gareth.furber@flinders.edu.au

Academic skills Books eMental Health Resources Flinders services and programs Health Information Healthy Lifestyle Life Skills Lifehacks Mental Fitness Mental Health Participate Psychological Tools Treatment Options Well-being at Flinders