From December 20th 2021 to January 10th 2022, Flinders University will be closed. Accordingly, so will Health, Counselling and Disability Services and Oasis. In fact, Oasis will be closed from 5pm on the 17/12/21.
For counselling support during this time, please call the out of hours crisis line on 1300 512 409 or text 0488 884 103.
For health services (e.g. GP, medical):
- If there is a Medical Emergency phone 000.
- Marion Domain Medical Centre is open daily. Ph 8375 7000 – https://www.mariondomainmedicalcentre.com.au/
- After hours, phone the National Home Doctor Service, if you require a HOME Visit, Ph 137425 – https://homedoctor.com.au/
- Flinders Medical Centre, Emergency Dept is open 24hrs.
If you are having financial difficulties, AnglicareSA are administering Emergency Financial Assistance on behalf of FUSA for enrolled Flinders University Students during the break from the 20th Dec to 10th January. AnglicareSA are available each weekday between 9.00am and 4.00pm, other than recognised Public Holidays.
- Phone 0481 151 569 between 9.00am and 4.00pm and identify yourself as a Flinders University Student
- After speaking with the worker, you will be required to text a photograph of your Flinders University Student ID card to this number
- You will then be supplied with a Woolworths E-voucher via text, please note this may not be immediately but will be before close of business that day.
- There is a limit of one voucher per week during this time
Prayer Room Access
The Prayer Rooms in Oasis will not be open during the University closure however access remains at McHugh’s, Tonsley, Victoria Square and Sturt. More info on locations can be found here.
On behalf of the team at HCDS, I want to wish all students and staff a safe, rejuvenating holiday period. Look forward to reconnecting in the new year and kicking off a new year of work.