Overview: This post is constantly updated with latest news relevant to Health, Counselling and Disability services clients. Current news includes Medibank cyber incident, movement of disability services and latest COIVD information. Reading time ~ 4 minutes.
Holiday opening hours for Health, Counselling and Disability Services
Health, Counselling and Disability Services will be closed from 5pm on the 23rd December 2022 and re-open on the 3rd January 2023 at 9.00am. Support options outlined in this post.
SA Pathology will be closed from 19th December 2022, reopening on the 9th January 2023.
Oasis will be closed from 5pm on the 22nd December, reopening on the 9th January 2023. Additional details can be found here.
Any international students requiring support because of the Medibank cyber incident should do the following:
- Contact Medibank OSHC at 13 23 31 or visit Medibank’s website https://www.medibank.com.au/health-insurance/info/cyber-security/
- Inform the student of Medibank’s Cybercrime customer support package https://www.medibank.com.au/health-insurance/info/cyber-security/
Disability Services have moved back into the Student Centre
A quick note that Disability Services are no longer in the Union Building Basement, but are back in the Student Centre with Health and Counselling Services.
Latest COVID-19 information:
You can find current activity restrictions here.
For Health, Counselling and Disability Services please take note of the following:
- We offer both in-person and telehealth (phone/Teams/Zoom/Skype) appointments, depending on what works for you.
- In the instances where face-to-face appointments are utilised:
- Students can only be seen for scheduled face-to-face appointments if they are fully vaccinated and can provide evidence of this at the point of booking their appointment
- We request that you still wear a mask when attending the service, however you may be able to negotiate mask wearing in-session with your counsellor.
- If you are a close contact it is recommended you wear a mask indoors. If you have any symptoms, get tested and stay at home until you receive a negative result. If you test positive we would still request that you stay home for 7 days.
- Any students that have symptoms or have tested positive will be provided telehealth appointments.
- If you are unvaccinated, please discuss your options with our staff.
- See mask advice from SA Health here.
- The Oasis Centre is open, including prayer rooms.
- You can still contact the counselling team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the disability advisors (email@example.com) and the Crisis Line is operating as usual.
If you have an upcoming appointment and there are changes you will be contacted via SMS of these changes 📱
Please make sure to reply to the SMS that ask you to confirm your appointment.
💉Students and staff can get COVID vaccinations and boosters via the Health Service. Ring 8201 2118 to book an appointment.💉
We farewell Dr Jess Vandekamp and welcome Dr Sue Lim to the practice 😊
SA Pathology updates:
SA Pathology are back onsite now in the Health Service 🏥
Normal business hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 12pm.
Within normal business hours (i.e. 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is monitored by our intake team.
☎️ If it is out of hours and you find yourself distressed at what is happening, remember our Out of Hours Crisis Line is operational.
Need a medical service?
If there is a Medical Emergency phone 000.
Marion Domain Medical Centre is open daily. Ph 8375 7000 – https://www.mariondomainmedicalcentre.com.au/
After hours, phone the National Home Doctor Service, if you require a HOME Visit, Ph 137425 – https://homedoctor.com.au/
Flinders Medical Centre, Emergency Dept is open 24hrs.
The COVID-SA website remains the primary source of information about COVID-19 in South Australia – https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/conditions/infectious+diseases/covid-19
The Department of Health (DOH) website remains the key source of information for all of us about the virus in Australia – https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
For all Flinders Student Coronavirus information, please visit https://students.flinders.edu.au/coronavirus-information.
A note about this post:
This blog post is a constantly updated blog post that highlights small but important news items from the team at Health, Counselling and Disability Services (HCD). Content from this post is displayed on the main HCD website – https://students.flinders.edu.au/student-services/hcd.