Finding Your Way at Flinders is a new online orientation program designed to help set you up for success at University. It will help you:
- get familiar with Flinders and how university works
- explore some of the skills you will need to be successful in your studies
- learn about some common ‘barriers to success’ students face, and how to overcome these
- discover tricks and shortcuts to help you study
- find out about the various support services available at Flinders
- practise common FLO tasks such as how to submit an assignment, answer quizzes, access resources, post on the discussion board and more.
For new students: Finding Your Way at Flinders is a great way to get started with your studies and learn the ropes here at Flinders.
If you’re returning to study in 2020: Finding Your Way at Flinders can also be useful to reorient yourself at Flinders and to learn more about the support on offer to help you succeed at University.
*You can work through the topic modules at your own pace. Check where you’re at using the progress bar in the top right-hand corner of the screen. It’s also a good source of information to re-visit throughout the year, as you need it.
See details about how to access Finding Your Way at Flinders below.
Finding Your Way at Flinders is available as a topic through Flinders Learning Online (FLO).
If you’re a new student in 2020
You will automatically be added to the topic in FLO. To access this topic, go to FLO and look under the ‘additional’ tab. You would have also received a direct link by email.
(Please note: you will be added to the ‘Finding Your Way at Flinders’ topic within a week after you enrol for Semester One at Flinders).
If you’re returning to study in 2020 (or are a Flinders staff member)
You can self-enrol in the topic.
- Click here.
- You will then be taken to FLO and a page that says Finding Your Way at Flinders: Self Enrolment. Click the continue button.
- Click the blue Enrol me button at the bottom of the screen.
- Start Finding Your Way at Flinders!