Call for abstracts closes 22 October 2018.
The theme of ODLAA’s 2019 conference is Open Thinking, reflecting on the growing area of interest, research and practice in recent years that has centred on the concept of ‘openness’. Openness in education has emerged in the context of Open Educational Resources (OERs), Open Universities, Open MOOCs, Open Badging and more, all of which have been previously explored by ODLAA through presentations or publications.
Sub-themes may include, but are not limited to:
- the strengths and weaknesses of being open (research and evidence-based examples)
- the multiple contexts of openness and open thinking
- openness for education in a changing world and society
- openness as disruption
- open thinking as a wicked problem
- open thinking strategies in education
- open thinking for inclusion (diversity/accessibility)