Each month we will share some of our timely frequently asked questions around educational technology.
My students can’t submit their assignments. What am I doing wrong?
There are a few reasons why your students might not be able to submit their assignments:
- Students can’t see the assignment if it is hidden. To solve this problem, unhide the assignment.
- Students won’t be able to submit past the cut-off date. To solve this problem, check that the cut-off date is set correctly. If the student is late, either change the cut-off date to allow submissions (applies to all students) or grant the student an extension.
- Students won’t be able to submit certain file types if you have restricted the file type options. To solve this problem, ask students to submit the correct file type, or add their file type in the restricted file type list, or remove restriction on file types.
- Students won’t be able to submit files that exceed the file size limit. To solve this problem, ask students to submit a smaller file or change the upload file size limit.
- Students can experience problems submitting files if their internet connection is not reliable. To solve this problem, ask students to submit from a different location or internet connection.
Why can’t I enter grades into FLO?
There are two main reasons why this might be the case:
- The grades have been locked.
- Tutors don’t have the ability to manually enter grades directly into the Gradebook.
If you don’t think either of these reasons are the cause of the problem, please contact your eLearning support team.
Contributed by Michael Cox
eLearning & Media Support Officer – CILT