Introducing… Kelly Smith

Each month we profile a member of CILT staff, giving a glimpse into what makes them tick. This month we profile Kelly Smith who joins us as the new Associate Director, Educational Quality.

1. What do you like the most about working at Flinders?

Lots of things, it is hard to pick just one but they include the beautiful campus, awesome colleagues, great students, the culture and not being in the city- I certainly felt an increased sense of calmness last week being back here (not sure how long that one will last- ask me again in March!).

1. What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?

Before 5pm- coffee, after 5pm- wine 😊 Noting that time line is subject to change on any given day.

No, in all honesty though, having a laugh, we are in work for a large chunk of our waking hours and so for me being able to have a good old giggle amongst everything else that is going on is an instant lift.

1. What is something you are looking forward to?

Having only been here 2 weeks it seems a little indulgent to say I’m looking forward to the break but like everyone I really am. That said, and not wanting to wish the break away for anyone,  I’m also really, really excited for 2022, and hopefully being able to make a positive impact and work with the team in achieving great things.

CILT Staff Profile