The first release of the Student Portal is now live!
The Student Portal is the central place where students can go to easily access online systems and to connect to the huge range of support and services available at Flinders.
Backed by Project Sponsor Prof. Clare Pollock, Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students) the Compass Program is a student centred program, run by Digital Student and Teaching Services in collaboration with Student Experience.
The program aims to simplify how students find out about, access and engage with support and services available at Flinders and the university community, to improve and support student experience and success, through a personalised student portal.
The project team has used students as co-designers in the project to understand student pain points and priorities and how these can be addressed through a personalised student portal. The project team will continue to seek feedback and validate work with students as they progress to further releases in the coming months.
Key features of the first release:
- A fresh new student-centric look and design making it easier for students to navigate the website
- Support and services directory with services and support from across the university pulled into one central place,removing complexity and providing increased visibility of and access to support and services for students
- A ‘Get Involved’ feature that links to an overview page that includes details on all the ways students can get involved in their University community, to help increase their sense of belonging.
- My systems bar that links to university systems students use the most, e.g. FLO, InPlace, VPermit, etc. Students will be able to edit these systems to suit their preference.
- My Course, My Campus, News, Tips,Quick links, Key dates and Library search including linking to the new url library.flinders.edu.au
Tell us what you think…
Please take a tour of the portal and check out the new layout, look and feel and design and provide your feedback, thoughts, questions and/or comments to the project team.
Further functionality will become available through milestones releases in 2020 with constant improvements and new features added as they become available.
The next exciting milestone release (in late September) will enable students to log in to the portal using their FAN to experience a highly personalised digital platform. Once logged in, they will see their personal information and details of their study, including:
- User friendly timetable – this has been the number one feature requested by students
- Completed topic grades
- Course rules
- Reminders and alerts.
Students will also be able to filter information by cohort when not logged in to the portal (e.g. HDR, International, campus location, etc).
Please visit our website to find out more about the Compass Program.