Station Plaza will help to connect the new Flinders Railway Station with hospital and university communities, and with the addition of some temporary food vans and it will also be a new space for the whole of Flinders to relax and enjoy.
As construction work ramps up there are some changes to access and parking to be aware of:
- Vehicle access to the parks at the far end of car park 12 will be maintained right throughout the project, but if you are driving through car park 12, please be extra cautious of the works and pedestrians.
- From Monday 7th September a small bank of car parks on the eastern side of car park 12 will be closed to ensure pedestrian and worker safety. This will also include relocation of the disabled access parks.
- Additional parking for Flinders University staff is available at the far end of car park 12 and in nearby car park 21.
- Pedestrians are encouraged to cross at the zebra crossings provided and use the gravel path or closed car parking bays to travel toward the hospitals. For your safety, please avoid walking on the road, or along the gated perimeter of the construction site.
- Over the next few weeks there will be some services enabling works in car park 21. Please observe signage and changed traffic conditions while these works take place.