Water and sewer connections – University Drive, Sports Road and Ovals
Works will commence in mid-August to install water and sewer connections to the Flinders Village development and the Health and Medical Research Building (HMRB). It will involve road works while underground pipes are installed, and are expected to be completed by early December 2022.
Works will commence at the intersection of Sturt Road and University Drive, working south in sections before moving to Sports Drive and finishing on the Oval. While vehicle access will be maintained throughout, the number of lanes and the speed limits will be reduced, for safety reasons. Please slow down and drive carefully, allow additional time to move through the area – and consider using Flinders Drive as an alternative entry and exit.
Upcoming works at Sturt
An upgrade project to HDR spaces at Sturt campus kicked off this week, including refurbishments to offices, teaching spaces and labs. This is part of a broader program to bring a range of benefits at Sturt including:
- Activating vacant spaces in Sturt South, providing HDR students with spaces conducive to their needs.
- Updating and refreshing student spaces for Sturt HDR students and Library users.
- Providing additional accommodation for research staff.
- Creating additional open, flexible space for Physiotherapy practical teaching on Sturt campus.
- Improvements to Exercise Science teaching and lab spaces.
While these works occur, you may notice some noise, vibration or dust in areas at times. Please take care when in the vicinity and follow any signage in place.