Each month, the Flinders Health and Wellbeing Program shares an initiative that supports a holistic approach to safety, health and wellbeing, aimed at increasing awareness of health and wellbeing issues, choices and behaviours. The theme for December is ‘The Joy of Giving’.
As we consider Christmas this year, let’s spare a thought for those Aussies who are doing it tough in the recent and current flooding.
Some giving ideas can be found at the links here:
- Australian Red Cross Disaster Response and Recovery – donations enable Red Cross to prepare people, provide comfort and care during a disaster or emergency, and support recovery
- GIVIT – be smart in how you help people affected by storms and flooding with exactly what’s needed right now
- Disaster Relief Australia – unites the skills and experience of military veterans with emergency services specialists to rapidly deploy disaster relief teams
- Food Bank – helps to provide support to victims and ensure they have access to clean water and emergency food supplies
- NSW Government – how people can donate or support the NSW flood recovery. This site provides a list of where financial donations can be made.