Works around campus across December and January include disruptions to pedestrians using the Laneway, new floors for the Student Hub, power outages and building closures at Sturt, and temporary closures to Sports Road.
Pedestrian alerts for Laneway
Works to maintain the canopy over Flinders Laneway will continue until Friday 23 December. During this time, pedestrian access may be impacted, so please follow all signage in place.
Student Hub floor replacement
Works to replace the floor on the western side of the Student Hub will commence on 9 January 2023. Some noisy works will occur, so where possible these will done after hours, to help minimise disruption. The following areas will be affected:
- Student Hub – west (including multimedia lounge, club lounge, student kitchen and food hall)
- G21 corridor (including entry to Finance offices)
- Corridor adjacent G20 (leading out to bin area)
- Tav (back-of-house only; weekends only)
Vending machines in this area will be temporarily relocated to the eastern side of the Hub and the NAB ATM will be unavailable during this time. Please follow any pedestrian diversions.
Power outage and overnight building closures 11 January 2023 – Sturt
Essential maintenance of the high-voltage electricity system will occur at several buildings in Sturt from 10pm Wednesday 11 January to 6am Thursday 12 January. For safety reasons, buildings will be closed and no access will be permitted. Lifts will be unavailable during this time. The power outage and overnight building closures will take place across:
- Sturt buildings (north, south, east and west)
- Sturt gym
- Health 2 Go
- Sturt Library
- Sturt car parks
- Sturt oval lights
- Daily Kitchen café (and ATMs)
- Flinders Child Care Centre (Sturt House only)
Please ensure you save all work and shut down computers ahead of these times. If you have critical equipment or research requiring constant power supply or checking during the outages, please contact Craig Brown via email to discuss your requirements. For any other electrical queries, please contact the Electrical team via Service One. For any access queries, please contact Security on 8201 2880.
Sports Road temporary road closure 9 – 21 January 2023
Further infrastructure works are scheduled during January that involve the closure of Sports Rd from Monday 9 January to Saturday 21 January 2023. There will be no access between University Drive and the roundabout on Sports Road during this period. Please continue to drive carefully and follow all signage and directions, particularly when workers are on site. If possible, please avoid Sports Road during this time.
- A traffic controller will be located at the Service Rd and Flinders Drive T-junction at all times.
- A traffic controller will be located at the intersection of University Drive and Flinders Drive between 6am and 6pm only, with appropriate signage in place outside these hours.
- Where possible, traffic entering Flinders Drive will be diverted away from the T-junction and South Rd intersection to reduce the traffic flow.
From 9-13 January:
- There will be changed traffic conditions at the roundabout, with additional traffic management in place.
- During this time, access to all car parks will be maintained.
- Sports Rd will be closed.
From 14-21 January
- The roundabout will be open.
- Access to all car parks will be maintained.
- Sports Rd will be closed.