Are you genuinely committed to the delivery of high-quality outcomes in the Flinders MD? We are seeking expressions of interest from clinicians who are interested in joining the Clinical Advisory Group (CAG). Meetings are online and we encourage nominations from all clinical disciplines and locations.
We understand that clinicians are incredibly busy but seek to widen the membership of CAG to reflect the expertise, experience and passion for teaching delivery across the spectrum of medicine.
Expression of Interest: EOI-Clinical Advisory Group_2022
The CAG is a conduit between practicing clinicians and the Flinders University Medical Program Board. We provide input to the Doctor of Medicine (MD) curriculum and ensure the clinical currency of the academic program. This year, the CAG will continue to work closely with the Flinders Medical Program Board and MD staff to ensure high standards of student satisfaction with teaching and intern readiness.
The CAG will:
- Provide advice to the Medical Program Board in relation to the delivery of the MD program, in line with Australian Medical Council Standards
- Reflect on how clinical teaching is delivered and evaluated within the MD and provide advice to the Board based on best evidence for clinical education
- Consult widely within our disciplines and across our areas of expertise to ensure a broad viewpoint is bought to the CAG
- Develop and support improvement initiatives and guide resolution of issues
- Encourage and support clinician engagement with Flinders University
- Adhere to university policies, procedures, and processes
- Actively support and promote the relationship between clinicians and Flinders University, including the Academic Status Program
- Engage with student leadership and MD Leadership in the co-creation and development of any new initiatives.
At present, the CAG includes representatives from various clinical disciplines and locations across South Australia and the Northern Territory. Our group meets online for an hour every month.
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me (email@example.com or 8204 5457) or Denise Caretti (firstname.lastname@example.org or 8201 3227). We look forward to hearing from you.
Professor Bill Heddle AM RFD (Retd)
Chair, Clinical Advisory Group
Senior Clinical Advisor to the Medical Program