In May 2016, the annual NT Health Department Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards were held in Darwin.
The award for the Excellence in Remote Health Nursing/Midwifery was sponsored by Centre for Remote Health (CRH) and presented to the winner Ann Sanotti, from Nyrippi Health Clinic, by Professor John Wakerman, Associate Dean, Flinders NT.
Other winners were:
- 1st year Graduate Nurse or Midwife of the Year – Ingrid Potgieter, Alice Springs Hospital (ASH)
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery Community Health – Emma Corcoran, Flynn Drive Primary Health Care
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery Hospital Care – Lea Davidson, ASH
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery Leadership – Dianna Baseley, ASH
- Excellence in Midwifery – Katie Michell, Yulara Health Clinic
- NT Administrator’s Medal for Lifetime Achievement in Nursing/Midwifery – Sandy McElligot
- NT Nurse/Midwife of the Year – Diana Baseley, ASH
Congratulations to all award winners.