For the remainder of the 2016 year Drs Narelle Campbell and Helen Wozniak are extending the reach of their successful Flinders Fridays Clinical Supervision Seminar series beyond the confines of Royal Darwin Hospital (RDH).
Recognising the time limitations that a 1or 2 day workshop poses on busy clinicians and the issues of blending videoconference participants with face to face audiences, they are developing and adapting their delivery modalities to include short lunchtime sessions and video conference only participants.
Each session they design, regardless of how it is delivered, aims to provide practical, activity based strategies that clinicians supervising students or more junior staff can adopt immediately in their context.
Topics delivered this year have included:
- Using peers to enhance your supervision and teaching skills
- Planning workplace learning
- Engaging learners using the One Minute Preceptor
- Teaching a clinical skill
- Supporting learners in difficulty
- Giving effective feedback
Planned activities for the remainder of 2016 include:
- Short punchy 1 hour lunchtime, early morning or late afternoon sessions
- Face to face sessions at Nhulunbuy in early October and Katherine in late August and September
- Video conference sessions designed to engage groups in multiple locations (specifically Alice Springs, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Nhulunbuy, Palmerston)
If you would like to be included in the mailing list to hear about sessions relevant to your location please email your Flinders administrator indicating your name, location and profession.