About the MAIRET Program
The MA International Relations in Economy and Trade (MAIRET) Program is Flinders University’s flagship transnational educational program in partnership with Nankai University, China since 2000. It is within the College of Business, Government and Law.
About the Role
The Academic Support Advisor is a 1 year part-time (20 hours a week) Academic Level A position working within the MAIRET team, performing teaching support for the MAIRET program. You will be responsible for:
- Providing academic support to MAIRET teaching, including but not limited to: Post-production of teaching materials on Canvas; Work with Topic Coordinators to insure they used the most up-to-date and appropriate Chinese language materials were used; Temporally take on topic coordinators tasks where appropriate (e.g. Canvas Site updates); Assist the college in student complaints, disciplinary procedures and other matters requiring Chinese language skills; Conduct orientation sessions for new casual topic Coordinators, assist topic Coordinator in handling academic integrity cases; Mark student assignments.
- Communicating frequently (on daily basis) with staff and students at Nankai University on various teaching & learning related matters.
To be successful in the role of MAIRET Academic Support Advisor you will demonstrate:
- Qualifications in the fields of education, management, economy, finance, trade, political economy and international relations.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills with native Chinese speaking ability.
The ideal candidate will be completing a PhD in the fields above with previous teaching or teaching related working experiences.
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit your C.V. to MAIRET Program Director, Dr. Zhibin Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org