Are you the next International Student of the Year? You just might be – applications for the StudyAdelaide International Student Awards 2021 are now open – and we’d love for you to be in the running.
So much so, Flinders International Student Services are running a workshop to help you prepare your application.
“We want to ensure our students achieve the absolute best results they can, it’s a fantastic awards program that celebrates outstanding academic and social accomplishments,” says Flinders International Client Services Officer, Nina Nguyen.
“We’ll be running an online workshop that will help guide students to a successful application.”
International Student Award Categories
- Academic Excellence – Recognises a student’s exceptional academic results combined with their extracurricular activities in South Australia. It is open to students across different types of studies:
- University Undergraduate
- University Postgraduate – Research
- University Postgraduate – Coursework
- Vocational Education and Training
- Community Engagement – Recognises a student’s involvement in and contribution to the South Australian community including their personal growth and outcomes. *This award is open only to students currently residing in Adelaide.
- Special Commendation – Recognises an offshore student’s significant achievements and engagement with fellow students and their South Australian institution. *This award is open only to students currently residing outside of Australia.
- Peer Support – Highlights the support and/or advocacy a student has provided for their fellow international students over the past 12 months.
- Student Event/Initiative of the Year – Recognises the work of student associations to deliver events or initiatives to support their peers and enhance their experience in South Australia.
Previous Flinders winners of the awards were grateful for the opportunity and recognition of their achievements.
“It’s a big recognition and I was honoured to receive it, my work for the last three years has paid off,” said Indian student Sheela Kuamran, who won the 2019 award for for Academic Excellence, Postgraduate (research) and attended the awards at Government House on October 25 2019.
Discover Optometry student Sheela’s story – here.
A sentiment echoed by Chinese student Keren Wu. “It’s wonderful because it’s very competitive and there are so many excellent candidates,” said the Bachelor of Clinical Sciences/Doctor of Medicine, winner of the Academic Excellence: Postgraduate (coursework) Award 2019. “I feel really proud.”