A group of MDRI students are set to impress at this weekend’s prestigious Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) Meeting 2016 in Orlando, Florida.
Flying the flag for Flinders’ Medical Device Research Institute (MDRI), the biomechanics students will each share their research posters over the course of the event (March 5-8).
In addition, PhD candidate, Mr Bryant Roberts has been accepted for a podium presentation to present his research on bone microarchitecture in end-stage knee osteoarthritis. Being accepted for a podium presentation is a significant achievement at this high calibre meeting.
Mr Roberts also won one of the 2016 Force and Motion / ORS Travel Awards to help towards his travel to the USA.
MDRI Director Professor Karen Reynolds said she couldn’t be prouder to see the hard work of these students and their supervisors paying off.
“ORS is a really big conference in the orthopaedics field and to see our students presenting their research and engaging with other global researchers is really rewarding” said Professor Reynolds.
Mr Robert’s will take to the stage on Sunday March 6 to present his abstract “Linking Regional Proximal Tibia Bone Microarchitecture to In Vivo Dynamic Joint Loads in End-Stage Knee Osteoarthritis” by Bryant C. Roberts, Dominic Thewlis, Lucian B. Solomon, Graham Mercer, Karen J. Reynolds, Egon Perilli,
Other MDRI abstracts on show at the conference include:
- Poster No. 0849 – The Effect of Degeneration on the Six Degree of Freedom Mechanical Properties of Human Spine Segments – Dhara Amin, Dana Sommerfeld, Isaac Lawless, Richard Stanley, Boyin Ding, John Costi
- Poster No. 0850 – Do Degenerated Human Lumbar Spine Segments Exhibit Biphasic Viscoelastic Properties? John Costi, Dhara Amin, Isaac Lawless, Dana Sommerfeld, Richard Stanley, Boyin Ding
- Poster No. 1277 – Systematic Mapping of Tibial Plateau Bone Microarchitecture in End-Stage Knee Osteoarthritis – Bryant C. Roberts, Dominic Thewlis, Lucian B. Solomon, Graham Mercer, Karen J. Reynolds, Egon Perilli
- Poster No. 1017 – Influence of Patient Variability in the Primary Stability of Cementless Acetabular Cups after Total Hip Replacement – Dermot O’Rourke, Murk Bottema, Mark Taylor
- Poster No. 1019 – Comparing The Performance Of Collared And Collarless Cementless Femoral Stems – Rami M A Al-Dirini, Dan Huff, Mark Taylor
- Poster No. 1714 – Intervertebral Disc and Facet Joint Contributions to the Six Degree of Freedom Mechanical Properties of Degenerated Human Spine Segments – Isaac Lawless, Dhara Amin, Dana Sommerfeld, Richard Stanley, Boyin Ding, John Costi