Get to Know your College: Shannon Coleman

What is your role and what does your work focus on?  

I’m the Medicine & Public Health Digital Content Producer within the central marketing team, working closely with the college and Esther. I deliver digital content (in the form of webpages and blog posts, marketing collateral, and photo / video assets) to support and celebrate the MPH College’s staff, students, courses, and initiatives.

Where did you work before joining CMPH?  

Most recently I was working at YouX, historically named ‘Adelaide University Union’ (FUSA’s equivalent at the University of Adelaide).

What journey brought you to this point in your career?  

Having worked in graphic design, digital media, social media, print advertising, and higher education marketing across Brisbane, Darwin and Adelaide this role seemed like the perfect amalgamation of my interests, skills and prior experience.

What is something you love most about your work?  

The variation of working between different teams within the University (OCME / CMPH). I also enjoy the opportunity to flex my creative muscles while also getting the chance to draw on some of my ‘Type A’ tendencies for organisation and procedure.

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?  

After sharing some winning tattslotto numbers, I’d say to NOT eat those tostadas at the roadside stop in Guatemala.

If you had a superpower what would it be?

The ability to teleport so I could visit interstate/ offshore friends and family whenever I wanted – and never have to endure the 5pm South Rd commute again.

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time? 

Getting outdoors (when the weather permits) to check out the beaches, parks, and trails around Adelaide. I also really enjoy exploring local food and wine venues so I welcome anyone’s suggestions

Who is the most famous person you are related to?

Ruby Langford Ginibi, my grandmother’s cousin – acclaimed Bundjalung author, historian and lecturer on Aboriginal history, culture and politics (and namesake of a NSW Ferry often spotted in traversing Sydney Harbour).

Get to know CMPH