The EMCA CoP committee is hosting a movie night fundraiser as our first event of the year in early 2023. Look out for additional details in the coming weeks!
The 2022 Emerging Leaders Showcase took place on the 24th-25th November at Alere Function Centre, Bedford Park Campus! It was great to have two stellar EMCAs, Dr. Alyce Martin and Dr. Yee Lian Chew, delivering inspiring and amazing plenary talks.
Congratulations to all award winners!
– Sponsor engagements award to Dr. Bronwin Patrickson
– Door prize to Zoey Reed
– Best ECA talk to Dr Molla Wassie
– Best ECA talk runner-up to Dr. Joshua Inglis
– Best MCA talk to Dr. Vi-Khanh Truong
– Best MCA talk runner-up to Dr. Adeline Lau
– Best 3MT to Bridget Mooney
– Best 3MT runner-up Aelon Rahmani
– Best 3MT third place Andre Hayles
– Best HDR poster Steve Johnson
– Best HDR poster runner-up to Dr. Nyoli Valentine
– Best EMCA poster to Dr. Roman Lenchine
– Best EMCA poster runner-up to Andreea Popa
Congratulations to MPH staff on their promotions this round
- To level B, Bastien Lechat, Dr. Dhani Dharmaprani, Dr. Kelsi Dodds, Dr. Miia Rahja, Dr. Hannah Scott, Dr. Annabelle Small, Dr. Dan Thorpe, and Dr. Jean Winter
- To level C, Norma Bulamu, Dr. Lauren Thurgood, Dr. Sonia Hines, Dr. Kate Starr-Marshall
- To level D, Voula Gaganis, Dr. Amy Reynolds, Dr.Nicole Lovato, Dr. Erin Morton, Dr. Koshila Kumar, and Dr. Courtney Ryder
Congratulations to Dr. Kelsi Dodds and Dr. Dhani Dharmaprani for being named 2023-2024 STA Superstars of STEM!
Congratulations to Dr. Bastien Lechat for the award of the Helen Bearpark memorial Scholarship from the Australasian Sleep Association (ASA)!
Congratulations to Dr. Lauren Jones for winning the best oral presentation prize at the Australasian NeuroGastro and Motility Association (ANGMA) Conference, and to Dr. Annabelle Small for winning the Philip Alpers Prize for best scientific presentation at the Australian Rheumatology Association (ARA) SA Branch meeting.
Finally, Congratulations to Richard Bright and Dr. Kelsi Dodds for the joint third prize, and to Dr. Michaela Johnson for second prize in the SALHN Discovery Artwork Competition as part of Medical Research Week.
For information about the EMCA Community of Practice, contact email@example.com (Molecular Biosciences), firstname.lastname@example.org (Clinical Translation) or email@example.com (Healthy Communities).