One month away! Greetings Flinders!

Hello all! My name is Deanne, currently a third year student at the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada about to go study at Flinders University. I’m majoring in Community Rehabilitation and Disability Studies and I saw that Flinders had a similar program with a practicum component as well.

It looks like my semester won’t be starting until the end of February or beginning of March I believe so I still have a long way to go. I’m counting down 36 days! I’ve always lived at home so I thought this would be a good chance to see what it’s like to be a little independent for a few months.

I applied at the University Hall, more so for convenience, having it close to school and also being able to meet new people. I won’t know anyone there so I thought the hall would be the best place to live. All I have left is to buy my plane ticket, I was extremely hesitant and unsure on my date of departure so of course I ended up leaving my plane ticket a month before to buy. Future reference: buy your ticket ahead!

I’m still a little frazzled that there’s only a month left until I leave but I’m excited and ready! This is definitely a good start to my year. I’ll continue to update on my little adventure, until next time!

Inbound Student Blogs