Kuala Lumpur, here I come!

There is one more sleep to go before I delve into my studies at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur and when people ask if I’m prepared, I’m still unsure of my answer. Packing check lists are continuously running through my mind and background papers are being re-read like clockwork… however, this journey will be less about preparation and more about the unknown!

I am incredibly excited to be attending the University of Malaya to undertake a research project in ‘Social Network Analysis’, a subject that I had never come across until it was suggesting as a topic for my New Colombo Plan studies. So far, I can safely say that attempting to pack a month’s worth of supplies into one suitcase has been the most difficult challenge!

Whilst I’m keen to begin my research project, I’m also looking forward to immersing myself in the incredible Malaysian culture… street markets, food stalls, festivals…I can’t wait! Kuala Lumpur, here I come!

Emilia Corbo, a student of a combined degree of a Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering and a Bachelor of Medical Science, participating in a New Colombo Plan project, “Social Network Analysis” at University of Malaya, Malaysia in 2016

Outbound Student Blogs