Can’t Cope – Pre Exchange at University of Copenhagen

It’s been a bit of a blur since I opened my emails and read “We are pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the University of Copenhagen.” Fast forward to today, 10 days before I fly out, and I still haven’t fully organised my visa, housing, or enrolment – yikes.

But this is why I decided to do a university exchange in the first place; for the adventure.

I’ve travelled a fair bit before, but never alone. I’ve never had to organise more than an on-arrival visa, or a couple of nights in a hotel, and never without someone close-by in case I begin to make poor choices (like booking >30 straight hours of plane/bus travel to arrive the day before class starts).

From my semester abroad I’m hoping to meet people from across the globe, gain a genuine insight into Danish and European culture, and maybe get a fitter from having to use a bike as my main mode of transport…..
I’m excited to see if I can actually do this whole ‘independence’ thing.
I’m excited to see if I can cope.

Hannah Brimstone, a Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice/Diploma in Language student, Semester 2 2016 exchange at University of Copenhagen, Denmark